Monday, October 22, 2012

Introductions (Part Two)

Monday October 22, 2012

     Today we sat down and immediately got started on finishing our critique of the rest of the class' introductions.  I must say, I didn't think that we have so many good writers in our class!  Everyone has their own writing style and everyone has good ideas for their introductions!  It made me feel kinda bad because I didn't think that mine was very good - my intro definitely needs to be re-worked.  Some started theirs off with a story, a description, a quote, or a question, but each was able to make it work for their paper topic.  After reading each intro I wanted to read more because they intro made the topic seem interesting.  I need to get my intro to this point because as it stands right now it seems kinda boring.
     For today's class we were supposed to read chapter 6 from "Doing History."  This chapter just goes into writing a five paragraph essay, annotations, article reviews, book reviews, and other short writing assignments.  The book tells what should be included/excluded from each, what to look for, and how to do justice to the author/creator and the profession of history.  This chapter also includes how to write a good resume (which we will have to bring to class Monday October 29th).  Since the job market is very competitive, I was happy to see this in the textbook because it offers good information and ideas about how to make yourself more appealing to potential employers!  
     We spend almost the entire class finishing the introductions.  Our annotated bibliographies are due on Wednesday and have to be at least five pages with one and a half spacing.  I, again, went to the library and found more sources.  I need to actually stay at the library for a while because there are a lot of local history books there that they don't let you take home, but by the time I get to the library it is like 20 minutes until they close, so I don't get much done.  The only good thing about Wednesday is that we get to relax a little bit because we are watching a movie.  However, we are gonna have to write about the movie in our blogs extensively.  I was told that this movie will be more interesting than the last - I hope!  I don't know what else I am supposed to blog about for today's class, so I am going to go and work on my annotated bibliography and get some reading/research done!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you now have a focused AU slant to your paper.

    ReplyDelete